Passionate About Life | Bodybuilding

Monday, September 12, 2005

+ Training | HomeGym

Wow! I have not hit the gym for over a couple of years now.

Had always frequented the ClubFit in Tampines Sports Hall every Sunday for an hour, after sending my son for his swimming lessons at the Tampines Swimming Complex short distance away.

Did my overall workout but focused more on my leg workouts since I did not get a proper workout at home on my old UltraFIT HomeGym. I bought it for S$700.00 when Weider Shop in Tampines Mall basement had a sale. The shop closed down a year or so later.

It had the basics for overall body workout but only leg extension, short of a leg press as alternative to squats.

I needed to coninute working-out since I frequented the gym lesser and lesser nowadays due to work and family commitments.

However, I still had one concern. By not going to the gym, I was deprived of squats. Squats are great for good overall gain for my legs, but doing free weights alone at home, coupled with my "shifty" left knee, it was kind of dangerous without a spotter to assist.

Doing leg exercises once a week was a consolation as far as gaining leg mass was concern. I needed to train my legs at least 3 times a week top balance my upper body gains.

My legs are the hardest to pack on mass for that matter, since I was always more of a cross-country runner in high school than anything else, and has always been lean and skinny.

When my son's basic swimming lesson was over, so were the trips to the gym too. I was desperate to get the exercise I needed.

On and off I surfed the net looking for another set of HomeGym that would include a leg press to replace my old one.

Scouted around at Aibi Health Equipment in Parkway Parade, Suntec City and several other outlets, but did not have with such configuration.

Surfing the net would only find the great ones available in the US. Weider had great sets but not available locally. The other brands had such configuration but was either astronomical in price or just too large to fit in my HDB bedroom.

Almost given-up until Good Health Products placed an ad in the papers. The website was not comprehensive enough to give the type of information needed as in the US, but very promising.

Made a call and went down to its showroom in 35 Tannery Road one Saturday with my wife. I just had to have a "blessings" for the kind of "investment" I would be forking out. A budget of S$5,000.00 in mind. Gulp.

The showroom was not exactly posh, the kind hardcore bodybuilders would patronise, not the yuppies, I would imagined.

There, at the corner stood my HomeGym. The PowerStation 1800.

Had all the basic exercises, plus some other extras as compared to my old set, but most importantly it came with an extendable leg-press to the main set. The whole footprint was compact enough for my room!

Tried the different types of exercises on it and it felt good, very good. Smooth articulation and very good stretch from beginning to end. The paddings were extra solid too.

Please let it be within my budget I prayed silently.

After talking to the manager, it came to S$3,200.00. He was nice enough to accept a trade-in for my old UltraFIT HomeGym and most importantly taking it away to make way for the new one.

I thank Allah for such find. I was all smiles after that.

About a month after I got the new HomeGym and trained on it religiously, I was delighted when I had several of my friends noticed and complimented on my gains, and they are not bodybuilders.

Wow! All thanks to Allah for the gift He blessed upon me.

I am a bodybuilder and will always be. Weight training is my passion. I can combine work, family quality time and my favourite sports all in under one roof now. Yes!

1 Comments:

  • Bodybuilding is a passion and if you have all the facilities required for your passion under one roof then it sounds awesome. Great Blog and god luck for your bodybuilding pursuits.

    By Anonymous high intensity training, at 7:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home